Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Keeping your opinions to yourself in social situations
Flavius Aetius Offline
Woodpecker
Gold Member

RE: Keeping your opinions to yourself in social situations
To be honest, I have gotten to the point where I say what I want and really don't care what people think of me (except at work where I could potentially lose my job).

That being said, it is impossible to talk sense to fools about politics (e.g. republicans and democrats). 48% of the population will vote for anyone with a D after his name and the other 48% will vote for anyone with an R after his name. Would not matter if Hitler or Stalin were running for office. The liberals would all vote for Stalin because "well he is better than that Fascist Hitler" and all the republicans would vote for Hitler "because he is better than that commie Stalin." These pathetic people are trapped in the artificial construct of the left/right paradigm.

About 4% of the population is independent and open to genuine debate. Those people are fun to talk to. The rest are zombie like drones who routinely disregard facts, logic, and reason to keep with their ideology. Don't engage them. It is a useless endeavor.

He has often been called the "Last of the Romans"

"We have prostitutes for our pleasure, concubines for our health, and wives to bear us lawful offspring."--Demosthenes (384–322 BC), Red Pill Greek Statesman
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2013 04:02 AM by Flavius Aetius.)
12-16-2013 04:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flavius Aetius's post:
Big Nilla

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping your opinions to yourself in social situations - Flavius Aetius - 12-16-2013 04:00 AM