Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Men who "propose" to their wives are invariably betas who get divorce raped
MrLemon Offline
Banned

RE: Men who "propose" to their wives are invariably betas who get divorce raped
(12-21-2013 06:54 PM)Consul Wrote:  Whether you bend the knee when proposing doesn't sound like a very good predictor of future marital instability. It's a relatively trivial thing. Even guys who are alpha might do this, despite being totally dominant in every other aspect of the relationship.

I respectfully disagree with the original post.

Well, this is open for debate. I don't have any hard data. I've just noticed that in my circle of friends the guys who made a big fuss about proposing were the ones whose wives later acted the worst.

It's just my view that, begging a woman to get married, even in jest, starts the marriage on the wrong foot. I think it's dangerous to view a marriage proposal as "trivial". It's a symbolic event and the way you do it will be remembered by her forever even if you've forgotten it.

Wives are constantly testing to see what they can get away with. I spend huge amounts of effort keeping my wife from getting out of control, though in a loving way. This is an example of setting that standard.
12-25-2013 01:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrLemon's post:
Off The Reservation

Messages In This Thread
RE: Men who "propose" to their wives are invariably betas who get divorce raped - MrLemon - 12-25-2013 01:32 PM