Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Men who "propose" to their wives are invariably betas who get divorce raped
Sawyer Offline
Banned

RE: Men who "propose" to their wives are invariably betas who get divorce raped
No matter how great your wife is or how alpha you are it doesn't change the fact that marriage is a submission to a completely different lifestyle, a completely different spiritual outlook and a redefinition of your life and responsibilities. It's not easy. I know many people who have made it work by saying "I do" by themselves in the hot tub. For me, if it weren't for the public promise to God and the rest of the rigamarole, I probably wouldn't have made it.

An honest society places huge emphasis on the seriousness of marriage because it is serious, and should be entered seriously because it can be a real bitch and often demands tremendous sacrifice to last. These sacrifices wouldn't have survived a hot tub ceremony for me, but I know they can for others.

I agree that if you don't think you can propose without getting on bended knee something may be wrong. But if you choose to do so for whatever reason, no big deal. At the very least it might be a reminder to yourself that you're stepping into a situation in which there's going to be a lot of dog shit along with the ice cream.
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2013 06:12 PM by Sawyer.)
12-25-2013 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Men who "propose" to their wives are invariably betas who get divorce raped - Sawyer - 12-25-2013 06:10 PM