Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Wikipedia just published its article on the manosphere
The Beast1 Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: Wikipedia just published its article on the manosphere
(05-31-2014 02:58 PM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  
(05-31-2014 02:43 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  Try something a bit more crisp, along these lines (it's rough):

The Manosphere is a diverse collection of Internet blogs, men's magazines, discussion forums, and individual commentators whose principle similarity is a focus on men's issues today. Their subjects range from politics to self-improvement to academic matters. Their demographics and geography are similarly diverse. Several women are well-known Manosphere commentators; its members come all over the political spectrum; and some of the most prominent Manosphere communities are based outside of the United States--where it arguably originated.

While Manosphere's origins date back to the late 1990s, its profile has grown in recent years, with the expansion and popularization of...blah blah

You meant 'principal' instead of 'principle.'

The prime flaw with the article as it stands is that it uses the tendentious descriptions of its opponents to describe it, instead of just taking the manosphere's own description of itself. Instead of confining the criticism to a 'Criticism' section, the whole article is criticism.

I'd probably contribute if I were assured that my edits would be accepted, but that seems unlikely.

The funny thing about the 'manosphere' is that the guys who actively use that label are never the PUAs or the MRAs - it's mostly the self-styled 'red pill' people. You'll never hear Mystery or Neil Strauss talking about 'The Manosphere.' The thing that defines member of this forum in my mind is: a commitment to the truth, valuing traditional sex roles, traditional ideals of beauty, self-improvement, and pursuing what you want in life without regard to what society has to say. Establishment authorities are only respected insofar as their message is held to be true.

Basil,

Your edits are absolutely 100% acceptable and needed. At this stage, it is incredibly important that people like you help contribute to this article.

The strength of Wikipedia is its ability to be collectively edited and contributed by multiple people. There are clear guidelines that must be adhered to (no original research, cite legit sources with real names, encyclopedic tone) .

PLEASE help contribute to this. The more people who add to this the more comprehensive and complete it will be.

The only thing I ask is if you write something make sure the citation is from a source with a full and real name. Articles from RoK are only acceptible if they're from a submitter who posts his real name like Roosh.

@Tuth, thanks for your help. Add in and edit what you see fit.

Anyone else who wants to contribute please contribute! Wikipedia is a collaborative effort.

You can view my sandbox here and make edits as you see fit. If you can't make edits, it is very simple to make a Wikipedia account. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Okyou...st/sandbox

Shalom Alechem!
05-31-2014 03:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Beast1's post:
TonySandos

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wikipedia just published its article on the manosphere - The Beast1 - 05-31-2014 03:05 PM