Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Wikipedia just published its article on the manosphere
Zengling Offline
Banned

RE: Wikipedia just published its article on the manosphere
(05-31-2014 06:41 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  
(05-31-2014 05:51 PM)Zengling Wrote:  Can we replace Manosphere with Masculism instead? It's the direct opposite to Feminism.

Terrible idea. This renders us a bizarro feminism that only stands against feminism.

Not sure if you're trolling, but all of your suggestions seemed designed to short circuit this project. Given that you only have 44 posts, that's not far-fetched.

I remember someone on this forum have stated that "Manosphere" doesn't sound too "hetero" and my thoughts kind of mirrors it. Its the "mano" part of the term that I have a hard time reconciling with. I've told many people that they should go google up "manosphere" to get a general idea about the community. I would say that over 70% of them have commented on the "weird nature" of the name. One of them even said, and I quote "Wow this sounds pretty gay to honest."

Its just seem easier and more "legit" to name ourselves a more "standard" name. I wouldn't mind "Masculinsphere" at all.

(05-31-2014 06:45 PM)Ensam Wrote:  
(05-31-2014 06:41 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  
(05-31-2014 05:51 PM)Zengling Wrote:  Can we replace Manosphere with Masculism instead? It's the direct opposite to Feminism.

Terrible idea. This renders us a bizarro feminism that only stands against feminism.

Not sure if you're trolling, but all of your suggestions seemed designed to short circuit this project. Given that you only have 44 posts, that's not far-fetched.

I agree. We're not the opposite of feminism but more the answer to it. The fact is that women are just as miserable today as men are. Game done well will make everybody better off.

Then why not have something like the "Anti-feminism" movement? That would be more clear and straight to the message.

Also regarding Roissy, you guys misunderstood me or that I wasn't specific enough. Roissy obviously have an ability to find articles, news, and studies to scientifically justify the biological difference between the the gender interaction, this could validate our concepts even more. I'm not saying that we have to credit him (or even have him write at all) for a lot of materials but it would be extremely beneficial for him to provide/search credible sources and the writers here can take a stab at it to fit into the Wikipedia format.

All-in-all, I want this "niche" of ours to be fully "legitimized" with proper structures, logic, studies, research, and examples to make our observations and finding as bulletproof as possible in the face of adversity.
05-31-2014 08:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wikipedia just published its article on the manosphere - Zengling - 05-31-2014 08:21 PM