Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Wikipedia just published its article on the manosphere
Tuthmosis Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: Wikipedia just published its article on the manosphere
(06-02-2014 04:58 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  I don't recall you even being around back then.

Your argument seems to be "I was around, am more experienced, and unless you have a blog as old as mine, you don't know what you're talking about." Evil Patriarchy--which I was fully aware of--was for guys operating a blog. I've never operated a game-related blog of my own.

I've been a serious student and practitioner in this universe for a long time. I'm not even convinced that, apart from your various blog ventures, you've been at it longer than me. But that's immaterial, and a distraction from the discussion at hand. The fact that I don't agree that the Manosphere "sprung up around Roissy," don't have interest in operating my own Manosphere blog, and don't think it's wise to define the Manosphere so narrowly doesn't mean I--nor anyone else who believes those things--don't know what I'm talking about. I don't understand your sudden Deus-Ex-Machina call for credentials.

I'll repeat this again: I've never said Roissy deserves no mention or citation. I'm saying it will bankrupt the genealogy of the Manosphere if you're to simply trace that one branch backward and call that whole thing the Manosphere, while unilaterally declaring Roissy the-political-philosopher-of-your-choice of the Manosphere.

Exaggerating his importance does exactly that.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter
06-02-2014 05:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Tuthmosis's post:
TonySandos, JoyStick

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wikipedia just published its article on the manosphere - Tuthmosis - 06-02-2014 05:14 PM