Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Wikipedia just published its article on the manosphere
All or Nothing Offline
Pelican

RE: Wikipedia just published its article on the manosphere
(06-02-2014 07:49 PM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  People on this forum and the manosphere generally often have this idea that Roosh and Roissy are synonymous with PUA. In reality, they are almost nobodies in that sphere, and I don't say that to demean them. I used to be a member of bitseduce, a closed forum for pirating pickup materials, and Roosh was hardly discussed, Roissy not at all. I recall searching years back Roissy's name on masf, and he was only mentioned a couple times in thousands upon thousands of threads. So while seduction is an essential element of the manosphere, professional PUAs like Neil Strauss and Mystery had zero part in it.

I was a part of The Attraction Forums and Venusian Arts forums back in 2010 and up to joining this forum.

Even though I did not know anything about PUA and the manosphere before then, Roissy's blog was very far reaching at that time.

I remember Future (an instructor at The Attraction Forums) quoting Roissy in his blog and saying that he was fascinated by his teachings about the true nature of women. If I remember correctly, Roissy also influenced a couple other instructors there at that time.

Roissy did affect PUA when his blog was at its height.

(06-02-2014 09:07 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  It's different because it also include a street smart component. Anyone can say, "Be the best man you can be," but you really have to have a certain degree of skepticism if not outright cynicism for western women.

But you don't get sucked into that vortex of hate.

This is the one alarming thing that I have started to notice about the "redpill" school of thinking.

It has started to move from away from the Truth and is slowly transforming into an ideology.

The problem with ideologies is that once fully formed they begin to become divorced from reality and start espousing emotional rhetoric with a basis on the original truths that led to the ideology itself.

It will be a dark day for the manosphere when it reaches the point where it completely shifts from truth seeking to enforcing a specific worldview on other people.

At that point it will be like trading one form of oppression for another.
06-02-2014 10:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like All or Nothing's post:
AnonymousBosch, TonySandos, Devilton

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wikipedia just published its article on the manosphere - All or Nothing - 06-02-2014 10:54 PM