Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Style Clothing and style for tropical weather.
ovloV Offline
Banned

RE: Clothing and style for tropical weather.
(04-29-2016 07:40 AM)Fortis Wrote:  
(04-28-2016 07:42 PM)ball dont lie Wrote:  Im moving to Guangzhou this summer, which is a very hot city. Im moving from the far north, so I will be throwing away bags of long underwear and thick sweaters.

Shoe game is what I don't understand. I like suede shoes and boots, but when I went to Guangzhou a couple weeks ago it rained a lot. Leather shoes and rain don't mix.

I had some light slip on canvas shoes but those got soaked and the front of them was brown from dirty street water after a huge rainstorm.

I will second polos, V-neck t-shirts, lightweight cotton pants (Jcrew makes some cheap ones, Jcrew Factory even cheaper when you find a sale).

I feel good about the clothes but I have a problem with good looking shoes for hot/humid and rain sometimes.

Get yourself a pair of shitty flip flops. Not for dressing up, but just because they're essential for Guangdong weather. I'm serious. Some mornings in guangdong it's raining like crazy and even if you put on a pair of Timberlands your feet will be soaked. On those sorts of days, I throw on a pair of sandals and pack my shoes in my bag and make the commute that way.

Obviously, the only time you should even consider going out into the rainstorm is if you must.

When the typhoon season comes around, there's no choice. No shoe will stand up to that rain. You just roll up the pants and rock some sandals. You'll run out of shoes waiting for them all to dry out.
04-30-2016 09:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clothing and style for tropical weather. - ovloV - 04-30-2016 09:00 PM