Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Mother wants to expose her nakedness to sons so they can see a "real woman"
Beyond Borders Away
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: Mother wants to expose her nakedness to sons so they can see a "real woman"
I don't see anything wrong with this either. While I'd raise eyebrows if the woman was purposely parading in front of her children constantly and forcing them to sit and stare at her for the sake of exposing her flesh and giving them a dose of "reality," that doesn't seem to be the case. She just doesn't hide nakedness in her home (i.e. not bothering with the bathroom door or hiding as she changes a shirt or bra or both).

If you grew up in a "normal" home, perhaps that seems strange enough as it is.

Not to me. I grew up in a home like hers. It's different, but it's also very human.

My mom was the hippy/biker type, and I saw her tits plenty of times growing up. Never once did it seem like a strange, gross, or sexual thing to me. We also had a family swimming hole where we went skinny-dipping, and my mom's friends would come along. Sure I observed their bodies from a curiosity standpoint, observing the differences. Maybe as I got older, I even checked her friends out a little bit, but no more than I checked out older women with their clothes on - because nakedness was normalized enough to me that it wasn't a huge deal or something I obsessed over.

I also remember the men she dated would go skinny-dipping with us, and at least one never bothered with clothes when walking through the house everyday to the shower, rocking the schlong. He wasn't embarassed about his nakedness (again, these were hippy/biker types), but nor was there any sexual reference or questionable behavior on his part in the five or six years he and his kids lived with us.

Many of my mom's friends were the same way. You show up to their home even today and some fat biker, mountain man walks out of the shower, he isn't going to go beet red and dash back into the bathroom to cover up. Their generation was different than ours (at least where I grew up). Nowadays, dudes act like they're going to catch a case of gay if they accidentally spot another guy's pecker or fight back an urge to mount their own mom if they spot her nipple. Just a change in culture is all.

My mom even let us put pictures of topless women on our bedroom walls when I was in junior high. She drew the line at pussy spreads, but she didn't hate on us for digging some boob shots. You may not have grown up in a family like this, but surely you bumped into them and know the free-living type.

For another thing, the women also does have a point that as much as we love a flawless broad in a magazine spread, it's not exactly a realistic standard, even in a country that's not as obese as America. I'm not going to look it up right now, but I seem to remember reading about studies showing how images portrayed in the media actually contribute to both men and women struggling to find satisfaction with the person they are actually with. Shrug it off if you embrace the player lifestyle, fine, but acknowledging that most of us will at some point end up in long-term, managomous relationships, these warped standards contribute to a certain level of unhappiness and lack of ability to appreciate what we've got.

The glory of a 10 aside, we all know the ridiculous lengths advertisers go to present models in the light they do, and it does warp our tastes a bit and affect our life satisfaction.

Lest you get me wrong, I want to make it clear that I don't think we should all be forced to be attracted to women who aren't toned and rocking curves in all the right places, accepting every body as equally aesthetic like feminists want to force everyone to do. That's just bullshit.

But I don't think this woman is pretending there aren't different grades of attractiveness either. She writes, "I want them to know that this is the norm, not the nipped-tucked-and-digitally-enhanced images they're going to be bombarded with. Sure, they'll gawk at those bouncy boobies and flat stomachs and perky butts... but I have hope that, deep down inside, they'll know that isn't the standard to which they should hold women's bodies.”

So, she wants her kids to have balance, but she's not fooling herself they won't still be attracted to perfection or insisting they encourage obesity. I think that's a healthy approach. How many men will grow up to always have perfection at their sides? Even if you land the hottest woman in your city, a day will come when her tits will sag, and if she has children, she will have stretch marks and some flab in undesirable places. Even in her prime, she will not look good 24/7.

So unless you decided to be a bachelor for life, which most men even here probably will not pull off, a time will come when you'll need to accept that what you're fucking is less than perfect (hell, even if you do pull it off).

And children growing up in a society that always hides the female body, so that he only sees these unrealistic versions, might find himself disappointed or confused when the real thing fails to live up to the hype.

Not a big enough deal to sit the kid in a chair and force him to stare at his mom's naked flab all the time, but if such a realization influences her decision to embrace the naked body in her home, you won't see me calling CPS on her. America was supposed to be a free country, remember? And that includes a wide range of living philosophies based on a wide range of ideas considered "normal."

Her philosophies might be strange to you, but when it comes down to it, we're all animals that are born without our clothes on. As a society, we've made the choice to cover ourselves with artifical garments, and that's fine. Because of this cultural conditioning, many of you outright disagree with her.

But it doesn't mean we should ostracize anyone who doesn't feel the need to shame the natural human form and suggest she is some kind of sexual freak.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 04:26 AM by Beyond Borders.)
09-15-2014 04:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Beyond Borders's post:
Saweeep, Tigre, CRR, Billy Chubbs

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mother wants to expose her nakedness to sons so they can see a "real woman" - Beyond Borders - 09-15-2014 04:16 AM