Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

How to Make Money Hustling in Williston/Alberta/Texas Oil Industry
Atlantic Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: How to Make Money Hustling in Williston/Alberta/Texas Oil Industry
(11-20-2014 08:34 PM)Tresdus Wrote:  Why does everyone think starting your own business as soon as possible is a great idea?

-You get too comfortable after a while and it gets harder and harder to justify switching.
-You lose drive and ambition as you progressively get older.
-Its gets harder to go 'all in' when you have much more to lose.
-It doesn't take that much to get going in a lot of profitable areas. (See my Declan White story)

How to get rich by Dennis Felix explains this well also.

(11-20-2014 08:34 PM)Tresdus Wrote:  In this industry who you know is pretty much everything.

Yes and no. Value comes into it too. So does drive. So does a good idea or new approach.
I am not going to get to know too many new people on this same drilling project so I am close to being maxed out with how many contacts I have if I don't switch it up.

(11-20-2014 08:34 PM)Tresdus Wrote:  Also just because you have your own business doesn't mean you suddenly can work from the Phillipeans and do nothing. Having your own business is MORE work than being employed.

Of course. I never said that and I expect to work twice as hard.

(11-20-2014 08:34 PM)Tresdus Wrote:  Especially with your income Atlantic, you could be making 500k/year from Real Estate if you just worked for another 5 years and invested it all.

Maybe but it is too slow for now. I want something that can bring me up faster and then more into property if it makes sense.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2014 10:54 AM by Atlantic.)
11-21-2014 10:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Make Money Hustling in Williston/Alberta/Texas Oil Industry - Atlantic - 11-21-2014 10:53 AM