I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Things You Accomplished in 2014
StrikeBack Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Things You Accomplished in 2014
Good thread to find before NYE where I'm at.

The first half of 2014 was pretty average for me, but the second half has been the most productive one of my life. I have this thing about writing my achievements down a wall sticky sheet every 3 months, and in the second half of 2014, I had to use several.

What partially inspired me was travelling overseas around mid-year where I met girls from dozens of other countries and realising how much higher my SMV is outside of Australia. The other part is being on RVF and seeing all of you out there doing good things. And I also felt like I'm punching below my potentials.

So far I've achieved:

- Move to a centrally located apartment, cut down on daily travels, increase walking, save commute time for getting more done, great locations for dates and closing
- Fix my long term injuries and bring my lifting to the next level. I've been hitting regular PBs at the gym and in competition for months. Now I feel like I can achieve numbers previously I didn't even dream of, e.g 3.5x BW deadlift, 3xBW squat... Of course I have much to do before I can get them.
- Learn Spanish, I can handle basic conversations now
- Learn several new work-related skills, master some of them to a great degree that usually would take someone several years, which leads to...
- Transform what I do at work and bring my profile up in the industry, which leads to...
- New job (poached, old work tried to offer more to get me to stay) to lead one of the top tech teams in my field in this country, which will raise my profile to an international level. And I will also get to travel to many countries as part of it. This is while others in my field are struggling to find any work.
- Learn basic investments and start a small portfolio
- Create a significant cash flow
- Track all my expenses
- Track and manage todo lists for productivity
- Cook most of my meals
- Save more than 50% (now more than 2/3) of my takehome pay
- Regular reading
- Learn a new dance style
- And many more little habits which help all of the above and more

Most importantly, I'm building up a strong momentum to be location independent and eventual early retirement.

In achieving all of the above, I also found that the whole "chase your goals and women will chase you" isn't necessarily true. This second half of 2014, despite being the best for everything else in my life, is also the worst for women that I've ever had since discovering Game. It's mostly because of the lack of quality I see around me (my standards have risen since I knew what I can get overseas), my lack of patience, and lack of time to play the game. Anyway, it will be a temporary dip for the sake of my investments in the future.

I'm looking at some major achievements in 2015, can't wait to get started! Well actually I'm already getting started by planning my first couple of weeks back from the holidays so I'll hit the ground running.

StrikeBack's Wife School
12-31-2014 01:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrikeBack's post:
samsamsam

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things You Accomplished in 2014 - Yeti - 12-29-2014, 08:55 AM
RE: Things You Accomplished in 2014 - DVY - 12-30-2014, 02:59 AM
RE: Things You Accomplished in 2014 - Biz - 12-30-2014, 11:39 AM
RE: Things You Accomplished in 2014 - StrikeBack - 12-31-2014 01:24 AM
RE: Things You Accomplished in 2014 - Cyr - 01-09-2015, 10:54 AM
RE: Things You Accomplished in 2014 - Cyr - 01-25-2015, 05:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Things You Accomplished in 2016 and Goals for 2017 redbeard 15 7,660 01-02-2017 11:11 AM
Last Post: cascadecombo
  Things You Accomplished in 2015 ONE A DAY 83 31,858 01-06-2016 06:28 PM
Last Post: Razgriz
  Lent 2014 Snowplow 31 10,821 02-18-2015 05:55 PM
Last Post: Snowplow