I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The "Do You Even Deadlift" Clinic
StrikeBack Offline
True Player
Gold Member

RE: The "Do You Even Deadlift" Clinic
(05-05-2015 07:09 PM)kbell Wrote:  I pulled my groin muscle either deadlifting or from walking home afterward (10 minute walk). No indication when lifting that I did anything wrong either.

The body would be tight and muscles somewhat strained after deadlift. I suggest doing some warmdowns before you go home. For deadlift, I like hanging off a chinup bar and just lightly swing my legs and rotate my hips, using gravity to pull everything back into normal places.

(05-06-2015 03:56 AM)Benoit Wrote:  Any setup tips for partials with the bar raised on boxes or a rack?

Sheiko throws them in every so often, and they almost feel like a different lift. My normal deadlift must be much more leg-driven than I realised.

Sheiko explains it very clearly in his book, but it's in Russian.

You want to set up in the exact same position you would be at if you were to lift the bar from the floor. There is often a more efficient position to do in a rack pull, which your body may drift into, and one you wouldn't be in if you were to do a full lift. You don't want to be in that position and it will indeed feel like a different lift.

I'd take a lighter weight, deadlift to roughly where the bar should be in your desired rack pull, pause there for a bit then commit that position and feeling to muscle memory, so you can reproduce that in a rack pull.

StrikeBack's Wife School
05-06-2015 07:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like StrikeBack's post:
kbell, Benoit

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Do You Even Deadlift" Clinic - StrikeBack - 05-06-2015 07:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The "Squat Like A Boss" clinic StrikeBack 85 39,131 03-28-2019 10:24 AM
Last Post: Kieran
  The Big 3 Routine (Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press Only Workout) Flint 30 16,399 03-16-2016 10:46 AM
Last Post: ScrapperTL
  My last deadlift Spike 103 37,402 04-25-2015 02:47 PM
Last Post: birdie num num