I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The "Do You Even Deadlift" Clinic
StrikeBack Offline
True Player
Gold Member

RE: The "Do You Even Deadlift" Clinic
(05-22-2015 10:23 AM)kbell Wrote:  How do you protect your shins from getting all scraped up? Tape or long socks? I bled a few times from this, although its not a common occurrence.

Cheap pair of compression pants, as they're slippery. I bought 2 pairs for $25 over 5 years ago, and they're still good for deadlifting.

Pause deadlift is supposed to be with relatively light weights, at most about 70% of 1RM. It is deceptively hard. The trick is to use a weight that makes you use correct form, but not so heavy that you break form. If 155 fails, then you should only try up to about 140 next time. Like I said, it is about learning how to engage core muscles etc. NOT actually training for strength through working harder.

Hook grip will be tougher on any variation that goes for longer (time wise). Hook grip's main weakness is endurance, so if you do something like pause deadlift, Romanian or Stiff-Legged variations, it will be tough, especially after you've already done regular deadlifts. That's where straps often come in.

StrikeBack's Wife School
05-23-2015 01:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Do You Even Deadlift" Clinic - StrikeBack - 05-23-2015 01:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The "Squat Like A Boss" clinic StrikeBack 85 39,210 03-28-2019 10:24 AM
Last Post: Kieran
  The Big 3 Routine (Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press Only Workout) Flint 30 16,458 03-16-2016 10:46 AM
Last Post: ScrapperTL
  My last deadlift Spike 103 37,498 04-25-2015 02:47 PM
Last Post: birdie num num