Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

The "Do You Even Deadlift" Clinic
StrikeBack Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: The "Do You Even Deadlift" Clinic
Hey y'all, I'm back in the Lifting Lounge! Big Grin

(05-19-2018 03:24 AM)Cyr Wrote:  Strikeback, thanks for this thread and the lifting advice you've given to the forum in general! Its been ridiculously useful and informative for me.

I have one question though:

When do you recommend training abs? Do you think its wise to do it after my compound lifts?

Thanks again, I appreciate all the information you've shared.

You're welcome Smile

As for abs, you can do it after your compound lifts, but probably want to keep a set in the tank if you feel a bit tired. Ab cramps when you go balls to the wall after deadlifting and hard ab workouts are no joke... well it's actually rather funny to be stuck in a weird position unable to move for about 5-10 minutes!

Having said that, my father, of all people, misheard me when I said he should not do it, and only do twice a week abs, because the blessed old man is rather deaf. He instead did it twice a day, sometimes three, including after lifting heavy, and in his mid-late 60s, he can bust out 10 reps of *standing* ab wheel rollouts that makes me feel I don't even lift. And he doesn't need no belt when deadlifting either, his abs are too big.

StrikeBack's Wife School
05-28-2018 02:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like StrikeBack's post:
sterling_archer, Cyr

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Do You Even Deadlift" Clinic - StrikeBack - 05-28-2018 02:29 AM