I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The "Do You Even Deadlift" Clinic
Kieran Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

RE: The "Do You Even Deadlift" Clinic
Thanks for the thread and I look forward to reading your future posts.

Just a couple of questions if you don't mind, first of all could you touch on rounding the upper back? I was watching Andy Bolton pulling recently and he seems to be able to round the upper back while keeping a neutral lower back, but when I try, rounding the upper back seems to prevent me from being able to keep my lower back in a safe position.

Also are there any fairly low volume singles programs that would be good for an intermediate? For an idea of where I'm currently at, I pulled from the floor the other day (had been pulling from blocks previously after an injury) for the first time in ages, and got up to 160 kg at around 70 kg bodyweight for a comfortable single. I'm currently running 531 and only doing the prescribed reps (no AMRAP sets as I feel like I let my form slip if I push too hard), but I really hate deadlifting for reps, and much prefer singles.

Thanks in advance
04-13-2015 10:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Do You Even Deadlift" Clinic - Kieran - 04-13-2015 10:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The "Squat Like A Boss" clinic StrikeBack 85 39,243 03-28-2019 10:24 AM
Last Post: Kieran
  The Big 3 Routine (Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press Only Workout) Flint 30 16,483 03-16-2016 10:46 AM
Last Post: ScrapperTL
  My last deadlift Spike 103 37,523 04-25-2015 02:47 PM
Last Post: birdie num num