Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity
Basil Ransom Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity
"Meanwhile, Roosh's Neomasculinity article is nothing more than a descriptive way that you could live your life."

How is telling men to lift weights not prescriptive?

There is nothing wrong with telling men what to do. When I tell a man what to do, he has full knowledge that he has the free will to disagree with me, and go his own way. I have no power over him. To not tell him what to do, when he has come to me for advice, is to be a sort of nihilist, who thinks no action is better than any other. If Roosh gives advice for a general audience, it's inevitable some of it will be inappropriate for some of his audience. The existence of amputees does not discredit weight lifting. So men will always have to decide for themselves what to adopt.

A personal aversion to offering prescriptions is fine - some people don't want that role. But there's nothing inherently wrong with telling people how to live. That is a calling as old as humanity. So long as we can choose and discard gurus at our own will, there is no problem with gurus offering their prescriptions. To not recognize the value of the role of a teacher is to claim that you are the teacher's equal in knowledge and experience - which again is a sort of nihilism.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2015 07:17 PM by Basil Ransom.)
05-25-2015 07:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like Basil Ransom's post:
MMX2010, Handsome Creepy Eel, Quintus Curtius, Benoit, Jvramerys

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity - Basil Ransom - 05-25-2015 07:14 PM