Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity
Scorpio Rising Offline
Robin

RE: The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity
(05-26-2015 05:27 PM)Blaster Wrote:  
(05-25-2015 05:00 PM)Roosh Wrote:  
Quote:I think this is what Roosh means when he says that his Neomasculinity places less importance on the theory of evolution, but I'll wait and see what he has to say about the matter.

I'm prioritizing that article. I'll get it up in June.

It's very long, however. I want to give it proper treatment if I'm going to question a sacred cow.

Evolutionary Psychology is for mostly scientists. It's about understanding the big picture of human nature, not informing present-day masculinity.

The Theory of Evolution in general is pretty unassailable. I've never seen a direct critique that doesn't either fail at basic scientific understanding or demonstrate ignorance of supporting data and evidence. (Indirect critique, on the other hand, along the lines of "not useful to my day to day life" is another story).

Evolutionary Psychology in particular is useful to scientists as a framework for generating testable hypotheses. That individuals may design some bad experiments is not necessarily a fault of the framework itself.
I must be dumb as a box of rocks because I find it requires contortionist leaps of logic. Not that it's anyone's business but no if am not a fundamentalist Christian or a creationist. As for the issue at hand. Many years ago someone wrote that there would never be a coherent men's movement. The cultural Marxists have far more unity than we ever will. Concerning the criticism of Roosh I find two points especially vapid. Roosh the money grubber? This is crabs in a bucket syndrome at its worst. Let me say that if some day Roosh becomes a billionaire through his work then good for him. Charging 50 bucks for a seminar is hardly the way to get there. Secondly the idea that Roosh is not a good writer or does not pack an intellectual punch. Now if I was Roosh and obviously I'm not, that one would incense me and I don't know if I could ever forgive it. Roosh writes on a variety of topics, many that go untouched in the so called manosphere. The ones that brought my aging ass to his sites were his incisive commentaries on the cultural collapse of the west. As for the Neomasculinity vs MGTOW ideologically and philosophically I am much closer to what Roosh is putting out there. I have in all honesty if not defended, at least tried to understand those that say the hell with it and do a Sandman type of thing. I admit I don't like the idea of fighting each other but calling traditional men beta just doesn't cut it with me.
06-03-2015 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scorpio Rising's post:
Yatagan

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity - Scorpio Rising - 06-03-2015 11:02 AM