Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity
Blaster Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity
Blaster Wrote:The Theory of Evolution in general is pretty unassailable.

I am gonna stand by that. While I don't know everything there is to know about evolution, I am quite confident with my position on this.

Quote:I must be dumb as a box of rocks because I find it requires contortionist leaps of logic.

I find it requires understanding the proper meaning of terms and rigorous understanding of scientific principles about what a theory is and isn't supposed to be. Understanding the nature of the evidence supporting the Theory of Evolution helps too. Requiring a long chain of logic to explain something isn't a problem so long as the premises are sound, the logic is not flawed, and the explanation is as simple as it can be while satisfying all the necessary criteria for a sufficient answer (this is what 'occam's razor' actually means, by the way).

Scientists really do use Evolution to generate testable hypotheses that yield real knowledge about life on this planet and its history. They are archaeologists, zoologists, and geneticists. They are doing research in universities, companies, and in the field. They're using evolution to guide searches for specific genes in DNA (including in humans). They are learning about diseases and developing drugs and crops. They're using it to understand simple species with short lifespans, like fruit flies, dutifully documenting and recording the knowledge in the hopes that one day, we will be able to better explain complex, longer-lived species like humans.

Evolution doesn't predict every single individual human behavior. It's not the answer for everything that is certain. There's bad science is out there, it should be criticized. There's also bad or sensational interpretations of good science, that should also be criticized. There are "evolutionists" with who spend a lot of time attacking and shaming creationists without really understanding the science they promote. They deserve criticism too. But the Theory of Evolution itself? No way.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 11:27 PM by Blaster.)
06-03-2015 11:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 6 users Like Blaster's post:
Suits, dies irae, Isaac Jordan, TigerMandingo, GlobalMan, Rutting Elephant

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity - Blaster - 06-03-2015 11:26 PM