Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Low post and zero rep newbies: Read this
Suits Offline
Banned

RE: Low post and zero rep newbies: Read this
(02-05-2016 12:54 PM)Biggoron Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 10:42 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  There are a lot of new threads over the past few days with titles that aren't well thought out, unsuitable, click-bait like, duplicating things, sometimes bordering on trollish, and regarding topics that don't merit their own threads. Also, like during the Canada fiasco last summer I've noticed, lots of sleeper accounts have become active again in the last few days after a long dormancy period with requests for pm's to be sent to them.

Have you considered that some of these "sleeper" accounts are just people who registered a while back, and got pulled back in by recent media attention? I reactivated my account so that I could post in that thread regarding Feb 6 meetup proof. This sort of phenomenon will happen any time you have media attention, but not all of the new recruits will be trolls.

No one here is particularly worried that there are dozens of low post sleeper accounts run by feminists.

What isn't exciting is the sudden re-activation of dozens of low post accounts commandeered by individuals with strong opinions and zero grasp of how things operate around here.

As one example, this thread was starting by a low post count individual who was completely unaware of a very simple forum rule. When I pointed out to him that he'd created a thread that was virtually identical to threads already in existence, he responded with this.

(02-05-2016 10:22 AM)Heinrich von Geobbels Wrote:  Looks like you can't keep a good topic down. It keeps resurfacing. ;-)

[Image: tumblr_mdtkkmGDsj1r95uns.gif]

Take the time to learn the rules and prove yourself to the membership. There's no standard procedure for this, but if you treat other members with respect and contribute value, you'll be well received.

Every time our forum gets media attention, there's always a bunch of accounts with zero history that suddenly come alive. These guys have already had plenty of opportunity to contribute to the forum, but couldn't be bothered. However, as soon as something "exciting" happens, they run up a small post count, only to slink away and disappear as soon as things return to normal.

This forum is all about men communicating and learning from each other. We've been doing that for years. There are forum members around the globe that I talk to on the phone every week. There's a great community here and those who have put the effort into helping to build it are gaining a lot of benefit from having done so.

So don't be surprised if you are met with skepticism when come in here with a low or non-existent post count in the middle of a media frenzy and try to piggyback on the excitement of being a part of a living, breathing community when you have no skin in the game.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2016 08:48 PM by Suits.)
02-05-2016 08:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 8 users Like Suits's post:
RonPaulStateOfMind, doc holliday, Gustavus Adolphus, n/a, Mercenary, debeguiled, Windom Earle, Built to Fade

Messages In This Thread
RE: Low post and zero rep newbies: Read this - Suits - 02-05-2016 08:22 PM