Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Global wealth inequality- 62 people are now as wealthy as world's 3,6 billion poorest
not_dead_yet Offline
Woodpecker

RE: Global wealth inequality- 62 ppl are now as wealthy as world's 3,6 billion poor
(01-21-2016 12:16 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  Math is hard.

I can't believe I have to be the first to point this out. The article says that by these 62 people having wealth equal to the lower half of the world's population, they have half the world's wealth.

I hope everybody who takes a second to think about this sees the problem.

The lower half of the world's population has extremely little wealth (ie. Net Worth). I would estimate without looking it up that the lower half probably has about 5% of the world's wealth. Therefore these 62 people together have about 5% of the world's wealth. That's still a lot, but it is a full order of magnitude less than the 50% the article claims. This is pure SJW bullshit.

Ha ha. Joke's on you. The richest 80 people in the world actually have about 0.7% of the world's wealth.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/29/upshot...verty.html

Yeah, all you Lenin-quoting losers, that's less than 1%. Power to my pee-pee.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"
01-21-2016 03:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes not_dead_yet's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me

Messages In This Thread
RE: - zero1 - 01-21-2016, 07:33 PM
! - DjembaDjemba - 01-21-2016, 12:11 PM
RE: Global wealth inequality - poutsara - 01-21-2016, 11:24 PM
RE: Global wealth inequality- 62 ppl are now as wealthy as world's 3,6 billion poor - not_dead_yet - 01-21-2016 03:06 PM