Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Macklemore's "white privilege" album bombs
AnonymousBosch Away
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Macklemore's "white privilege" album bombs
^ Further on that scandal, the costume in question.

[Image: 10c9f03434bd26058dca79bdf5124cdd.jpg]

It played out like this:

[Image: Screenshot-from-2014-05-20-224803.png]

Expected apologetic submission to the narrative:

Quote:My intention was to dress up and surprise the people at the show with a random costume and nothing more. Thus, it was surprising and disappointing that the images of a disguise were sensationalized leading to the immediate assertion that my costume was anti-Semetic. I acknowledge how the costume could, within a context of stereotyping, be ascribed to a Jewish caricature. I am here to say that it was absolutely not my intention, and unfortunately at the time I did not foresee the costume to be viewed in such regard. I’m saddened that this story, or any of my choices, would lead to any form of negativity.

We all know how apologising means you are forgiven and saves your career.

First post-scandal single from this album in 2015, now he's only gold instead of multi-platinum or diamond.

Second post-scandal single back in Feb, and he didn't even chart in the US, UK or Canada and only went gold in Australia, which means, in a country of 20+ million people, he only sold - at least - 35,000 copies, and no more than 70,000, which is a platinum certification.

It certainly is an odd-coincidence.
04-20-2016 05:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 7 users Like AnonymousBosch's post:
Canopus, debeguiled, Grizzly Bear, The Truth, Comte De St. Germain, Handsome Creepy Eel, RaccoonFace

Messages In This Thread
RE: Macklemore's "white privilege" album bombs - AnonymousBosch - 04-20-2016 05:55 PM