Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

How to make money using a metal detector
Schlep Offline
Woodpecker
Gold Member

RE: How to make money using a metal detector
@ zoom
Like I mentioned before. Depending on the condition of a regimenal button upwards of 500$ apiece. If it doesn't have a shank on the back. Then about 200$. A British king George copper coin in good condition is about 40 - 50$.

To be honest with you guys I don't really like to talk about the money I made off of these finds because I never intended to sell any of those finds. Especially the regimental buttons. They were personal for me. But, I'm leaving in acouple months to start my new life of being an expat. Needed the money to purchase my first apartment.

@ Thebeast1

Almost of the the coins were Copper. In all different conditions.
One of the coolest items I found was a serving spoon of the 18th British regiment of foote. And that beautiful gold British coin. The serving spoon was found in a big mond of dirt on one of the marching routes near a town called Paoli near Philadelphia. The gold coin was located acouple miles from the same place.

Google: British camp at Trudruffin.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2016 10:57 AM by Schlep.)
07-28-2016 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schlep's post:
zoom

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to make money using a metal detector - Schlep - 07-28-2016 10:47 AM