Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

How to make money using a metal detector
Schlep Offline
Woodpecker
Gold Member

RE: How to make money using a metal detector
One of the things you want to look for over the Internet is British solders diary entries. They will be difficult to find and buried. But, they are there. Alot of times towns and roads will be miss spelled.

I was following General Howe's line of march in the Southeastern part of PA. Found a diary entry from a soldier.

" marched in the boiling sun for eleven miles along the Phila pike. (Philadelphia pike) finally arriving in the town of Norrisville
(Norristown) bivouaced (camped) for the night a mile north of the town. Finding a refreshing farmers pond and spend the night there.)

Did you read all that? I knew they were marching east. All I had to do was follow that road to Norristown. Go a mile north and find that pond. If I could locate that pond I knew relics would be all over that place.

I spend three weeks looking for that damn pond. But, unfortunately I could never locate it.

Thats how things go sometimes. Just do your research and put the clues together.
07-28-2016 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schlep's post:
Perdidogringo

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to make money using a metal detector - Schlep - 07-28-2016 11:48 AM