I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Jorge Ramos: America Is ‘Our Country, Not Theirs’—‘And We Are Not Going to Leave’
ascotpudding Offline
Pigeon

RE: Jorge Ramos: America Is ‘Our Country, Not Theirs’—‘And We Are Not Going to Leave’
(02-27-2017 03:20 PM)All or Nothing Wrote:  I've been following this story on WSJ for awhile and it is getting ridiculous:

This all started with NAFTA negotiations in the early 90's:

Quote:As a high-school student in northern Mexico in the 1970s, Ildefonso Guajardo marked the start of each new academic year with a ritual. His family would drive three hours to a J.C. Penney store in Texas, and his father would give him $300 to spend on a new wardrobe—clothing that was far cheaper and of better quality than what he could find in Mexico’s closed economy.

“Four shirts, four pants, underwear and socks for the whole school term, all in a day of shopping in Laredo,” recalls Mr. Guajardo, who is now Mexico’s economy minister.

http://archive.is/qs57z

Following NAFTA, the Mexican economy expanded and grew being built on a foundation of American business efficiency. I am almost certain that this economic growth spurred mass population growth and waves upon waves of millions of illegal immigrants over the last 20 years. These immigrants ended up sending billions in remittances back to Mexico.

Fast forward to now, we now have a president that is threatening to shut of the flow of cash into the Mexican economy. In response, Mexicans have lifted up a nationalist-leftist presidential candidate in literally campaigning among Mexicans in the United States with a nationalist anti-American stance:

Quote:Leftist presidential hopeful Andrés Manuel López Obrador is gaining momentum in the race to lead Mexico, tapping into a nationalist backlash against the U.S. as President Donald Trump upends bilateral relations.

The former Mexico City mayor, narrowly beaten in Mexico’s two previous presidential elections, is now widening his lead in opinion polls ahead of next year’s contest

http://archive.is/ApvEp#selection-4037.0-4044.0

Seeing Jorge Ramos talk about this country like it belongs to Mexico enrages me so deeply because it is proof that Mexico is not our friend. All they wanted was our efficient businesses and free shit. Now that they are no longer getting free shit, Mexicans are responding by making empty threats and openly defying the national sovereignty of the United States of America.

Trump was right from day one.

Did you really ever think they were a friend of the US?

Like most countries, they are concerned only about what's best for themselves.

Thanks to the treasonous leaders in both parties of the US, foreigners sense that we alone are not interested in what's best for the US. So, they are hoping to impose a policy that works best for themselves.

I don't blame them for taking advantage of this idiocy within our governing class.

However, now that we have a leader who actually cares about what's best for the US, it's time to smack Mexico and any other country down, as forcefully as necessary, until they understand that there's a new sheriff in town.

Once they understand that the game is over (and when a few million of Jorge's countrymen are sent back), they'll go back to being a place with nice beaches and cheap booze and not a threat to our future.
02-27-2017 04:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 7 users Like ascotpudding's post:
spokepoker, estraudi, CaptainChardonnay, Enoch, Uzisuicide, Enigma, Matrixdude

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jorge Ramos: America Is ‘Our Country, Not Theirs’—‘And We Are Not Going to Leave’ - ascotpudding - 02-27-2017 04:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Uber and Lyft leave Austin puckerman 33 15,711 07-15-2019 07:16 AM
Last Post: puckerman
  Time to Leave the US. Gays can donate blood. Asnluver 75 33,708 07-31-2018 04:48 PM
Last Post: SlickyBoy
  Please leave negative feedback here! easternwomenrule 14 7,988 06-15-2017 07:01 AM
Last Post: easternwomenrule