I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Jorge Ramos: America Is ‘Our Country, Not Theirs’—‘And We Are Not Going to Leave’
Bluto Offline
Kingfisher

RE: Jorge Ramos: America Is ‘Our Country, Not Theirs’—‘And We Are Not Going to Leave’
(02-27-2017 01:49 PM)Dusty Wrote:  If we have a dispute about whose country this is, let's have a war to settle it.

It won't go in the direction Jorge is hoping for.

I take it that you mean another war with Mexico? Since the last one has been almost 200 years ago, I suppose that we are due for another one, and honestly the US never really had a great relationship with Mexico ever since. From Pershing, to the Zimmerman Note, to Eisenhower deporting illegals by boat down to the equator, to what we have now. There has always been a contentious relationship. It just varied depending on who was in power and whether it was worth it to be contentious.

I have no illusion that people like Mr Ramos, would rather reconquer the whole of the Southwest(maybe more) from us gringos, and is probably one of the reasons for the popularity for the Calexit. I believe that the English translation of "La Raza" is the resistance, summoning up visions of the Resistance in Occupied France. For many people now the dream is of a unified Mexico with their Northern conquered Territories.

Half of me wants to let California be taken by Mexico, just so that we don't have to pay the bills anymore for a bunch of aging hippies who dodged the draft when their number was up by going to Mexico. I know that it is folly nonetheless, as other parts of the Southwest that don't deserve to be taken over by a significantly more corrupt Federal Government will be subject to being taken over. Thank God for the Mormons who know how to use an AR-15.

"Stop playing by 1950's rules when everyone else is playing by 1984."
- Leonard D Neubache
02-27-2017 09:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jorge Ramos: America Is ‘Our Country, Not Theirs’—‘And We Are Not Going to Leave’ - Bluto - 02-27-2017 09:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Uber and Lyft leave Austin puckerman 33 15,804 07-15-2019 07:16 AM
Last Post: puckerman
  Time to Leave the US. Gays can donate blood. Asnluver 75 33,796 07-31-2018 04:48 PM
Last Post: SlickyBoy
  Please leave negative feedback here! easternwomenrule 14 8,014 06-15-2017 07:01 AM
Last Post: easternwomenrule