Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start.
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

RE: Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start.
(05-08-2017 07:36 PM)Tengen Wrote:  Just happened to watch this recently. Fascinating, but watch the whole thing and keep in mind the caveats (e.g. pre-existing medical conditions).

There is a study in the other thread I linked to a man who ate nothing for 365 days. That guy was obese and his progress was monitored by a crew of physicians.

But keep in mind that the guy took in a good dosage of supplements, Omega 3 acids and protein powder to get the minimum amount of protein in. The body very soon adapted to the fact that it had to use the fat tissue for sustenance. The only thing that he had to do though is a modest daily regimen of some lifting, so that the body would not start cannibalizing muscle tissue too much.

http://www.menshealth.com/health/craziest-diet-ever

PD Mangan from RogueHealthfitness writes about it a lot. We know now that intermittent fasting is surprisingly healthy, which explains why one meal per day actually works so well. This idea of 5 meals per day likely came out of the regimen of competitive bodybuilders and even then I am not sure about the effectiveness, because the body needs 16 hours of no carb-intake to start burning internal fat fast.

I personally tested this out myself by the way and went 10 days without food - I just had flaxseeds and protein powder as a form of supplements once a day that I consumed with my supplements. I lost roughly 1.5 pounds per day.

Christian Bale used a similar diet to become anorexic for his role in The Mechanic. He only added an apple and a can of tuna to the supplements.

Vitamin C Megadosing: https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-74755.html
05-09-2017 03:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
ElFlaco, Sidney Crosby

Messages In This Thread
RE: Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start. - Simeon_Strangelight - 05-09-2017 03:21 AM