Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start.
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

RE: Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start.
(05-09-2017 01:55 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 03:21 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  I personally tested this out myself by the way and went 10 days without food - I just had flaxseeds and protein powder as a form of supplements once a day that I consumed with my supplements. I lost roughly 1.5 pounds per day.

Zel how much protein did you take? I ask because protein powder has calories, which I know is obvious. Were you taking enough to do 1gram per 1 lb lean muscle?

How was your lifting? Retain strength?

Thanks.

I did not take enough to keep full strength or make gains. My caloric intake with the flaxseeds Omega 3s and protein powder was probably just 200 calories. The hunger wasn't that much of an issue. If I wanted to keep up my strength I would have needed to take much more protein powder. Generally I reached roughly 25-40g which is the intake necessary in order not to lose muscle mass. (I did not experiment with the 1g per lean muscle mass 2lbs (I thinks that 1g per lb is too much) amount since that was not my goal, but you are right that I would have needed that much - for me that is 72-75g and would have come to 270 calories - still would have lost a lot of weight). On the plus side this kind of close to zero caloric intake/water fast is the perfect slacker diet if you are not overly active. You can literally sit in front of the computer or TV and lose weight without effort.

And that is also the goal with this kind of diet and regimen. If you would want to make gains then a one meal per day diet of this Dr. Amen-Ra is advisable. He is very short so his 1200-1300 caloric intake is possible, since close to 100% of his foods are nutrient-dense. If you are much taller like OP, then you can take in more and still lose weight. Dr. Amen-Ra's diet can be kept up for decades, though to be fair it is extreme in our society and most people would not like to eat that way.

By the way - this is also a good vid since he touches known concepts of eating that touch upon the highest possible longevity and health.

Vitamin C Megadosing: https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-74755.html
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 03:41 PM by Simeon_Strangelight.)
05-09-2017 03:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Simeon_Strangelight's post:
debeguiled

Messages In This Thread
RE: Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start. - Simeon_Strangelight - 05-09-2017 03:34 PM