Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start.
wi30 Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start.
Tons of great advice but I'll throw in my 2 cents. I've never been obese but I've been chubby and about 30 lbs overweight. The best I've done is cut 18 lbs in one month.

Buy a Fitbit or any other smart watch. Become religious about getting 10,000 steps a day. Eat a strict 2,000 calories a day. I did around 1,500 but at your size you could probably do 2,500 and still drop weight quickly. I mostly ate chicken, brown rice, and potatoes. I ate two big meals a day so I never felt hungry, you can eat as much chicken and potatoes as you want and still hit your calorie goals.

Tracking calories and steps with my Fitbit became a game for me. If it was bedtime and I was only at 9,500 steps, I would pace around the house just to hit 10,000.

(05-08-2017 04:14 AM)etwsake Wrote:  Suits, thank you for your unbelievably generous offer and I might just take you up on it.

Don't trust master-troll Suits. He's going to stock his place with ice cream and craft beer.
05-09-2017 03:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start. - wi30 - 05-09-2017 03:58 PM