Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start.
Suits Offline
Banned

RE: Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start.
(06-18-2017 08:01 PM)Hell_Is_Like_Newark Wrote:  
(06-18-2017 07:42 PM)Suits Wrote:  June 19
148 LB

As a fat guy who is also 'unfatting' himself, I offer one piece of advice: If you start working out (free weight training) ignore the scale and just measure how many inches of gut you are losing. My weight stopped dropping due to muscle gain, yet I dropped from wearing 36 inch waist pants down to 34 inch.

My main priority is obviously to get a flat stomach. However, I dieted in the past without a scale and it was really hard to tell if I was making progress or not.

The scale gives me a metric, but I've also paid attention to my actual waist measurement as well.

I don't work out currently, aside from basic exercise (hour long walks).

My goal is to burn off the fat on my belly and then slowly introduce a consistent workout regiment designed to tone, rather than get really big and muscular. I'd like to have noticeably muscular arms and abs would be great too, but I have zero intention of being a big ass body builder.

I'm seeking a good balance between health, attractiveness, business success, other personal development and enjoyment of life.

(06-18-2017 09:26 PM)Transsimian Wrote:  Your rate is showing because you have less bodyfat left.

The % loss seems to be constant.

Probably, although I made more effort to stay consistent in the first two weeks.

I've cheated a lot since starting, but I've compensated for that cheating with intermittent fasting. When I do go all out for three days (sub 1000 calories per day), I generally seem to drop a pound or so at the end of the three day period.

Otherwise, I don't eat carbs most days, generally limited my calorie intake to a 8 hour window and even when I do cheat, I keep it within reason, eating no more than 2000 calories in a day.
06-18-2017 10:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Suits's post:
ElFlaco, Transsimian

Messages In This Thread
RE: Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start. - Suits - 06-18-2017 10:22 PM