Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start.
rainy Offline
Woodpecker

RE: Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start.
(06-22-2017 04:57 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  Not to come down too hard on anybody in this thread, but a lot of this advice is worthless.

So much wrong with this post I don't know where to begin, nor do I have the patience to pick the whole thing apart.

(06-22-2017 04:57 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  "Commit to a new, healthy and active lifestyle" is worthless pablum that you can find in any diet book, and that's plastered over the walls of every doctor's office in the country.
Same with advice like "You have to want to lose weight!" and "No one can do it for you!"

It's a worthless platitude if you don't have a clue what you're talking about. OP didn't ask for a diet plan, a workout plan, some HIIT programs he can do. But by and large, anyone who goes from 300 lbs and can barely get off the couch to being fit and healthy absolutely adopts a different lifestyle, a healthy lifestyle.

(06-22-2017 04:57 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  If you phrase it as "You have to make permanent lifestyle changes, and ensure that your diet is something you can maintain long term rather than thinking this is something you do short-term and then stop" then yes, it's useful, but it's ONLY useful to someone who's already dieting currently. To a guy who's breaking 300 pounds and has no idea where to begin it's useless.

Nope. The idea adopting a healthy lifestyle which you can undertake long term only works for someone who's currently dieting is a bunch of nonsense. OP doesn't even need to diet, just make healthy changes and switch to lower calorie and healthier foods which are more filling.

Samuel will have you believe eating 1lb of fresh salmon with a large green salad and greek yogurt mixed with chocolate protein powder for desert will produce the same "lack of feeling full" feeling that pigging out on McDonald's will. It's bullshit.

(06-22-2017 04:57 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  I despise the "You just need more willpower! Stop embracing your laziness!" school of thought in regards to dieting more than about any other modern ideology, except perhaps fat acceptance. People who've been trying to lose weight have been hearing this throughout my entire lifetime, and the number of people who successfully lose weight and keep it off is essentially negligible. Every year people hear "Diet harder!" and every year the obesity rate goes up. It has a worse track record than global warming. IT DOESN'T WORK. It very clearly didn't work for you, because you had to do it several times despite being a personal trainer.

Hate it all you want but you're pure emotion at this point. You've been triggered. And it sure as hell does work, eating healthier and adopting a healthier lifestyle. Worked for me, worked for my clients, worked for numerous others despite your hysterics.

(06-22-2017 04:57 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  Morbidly obese people like OP have incredibly fucked up hunger hormones, and trying to fight these hormones is basically impossible. FAT PEOPLE DON'T GET FULL.

OP, do yourself a favor and disregard this type of nonsense. "Fat people" will get plenty full if eating the right types of food. Eat crap, eat processed food chalk full of chemicals, chemicals which make you hungrier while also releasing opiate like effects on your brain will prevent you from feeling full. Hence why you need to change the types of foods you eat.

(06-22-2017 04:57 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  If you're morbidly obese and you're reading this, here's my advice:

GET YOUR SLEEP CHECKED.

Yes OP, dismiss exercise, dismiss trying to increase your activity levels, dismiss eating healthier, natural, preferably organic foods which are lower in calories, keep you feeling more satiated, are digested far easier and improve your overall health and instead, just get your sleep checked.

That's sarcasm obviously and I'm sure the OP can see that.
06-28-2017 11:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start. - rainy - 06-28-2017 11:51 PM