Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start.
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

RE: Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start.

Actually I am going to start this one - a prolonged fast.

There are studies linked in the vid.

It explain why I was weaker during my extreme caloric restriction that I did a few months ago. I still took in some 200 calories mostly in protein and some fats.

It is both psychologically as well as physically easier to shift to complete fasts as the body enters ketosis and releases more hormones after the first 2-3 days.

Strangely enough it is easier to fast fully for 10-30 days than to eat a severely restricted caloric diet. There are other factors associated with full fasting that improve the mental capacity.

I will do that and will just add some of my basic supplements.

According to the data I should be able to even workout fully and build some muscle so long as I have some bodyfat left and I am too far away from my target 8% bodyfat.

----------------

I don't want to post here too much on the potato story, but the funny part is that there is a small Japanese area where they eat mostly special potatoes: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle...ive-to-100

Though part of the reason why it is so effective is due to the nutrient rich earth and potatoes they have there.

Also there is something else going on with the people who eat a tremendous amount of carbohydrates - after 6 to 18 months the body starts to metabolize those natural carbohydrates differently and those individuals can eat even 4000+ calories in vegetables or fruit - and they are thin as can be. Personally I do not advocate that diet, but their nutrient intake is tremendous. Still - there is a lot about the human body and diet that mainstream medicine is not talking about and is not even researching much:

Part of the reason why I don't recommend that diet too much is because you need tremendously pure and organic vegetables for that kind of dietary habit - you are otherwise poisoning yourself with pesticides since fruits and some vegetables have high doses of it and you eat much more of all that when on that diet.

Another reason why this diet is not easy is because you are quite restricted in what you eat and if you add for example some meat, fish or the occasional fried food, then your body reacts wildly to it. An 80-10-10 organic diet (necessary to be organic) may cost you up to 10.000$ in the winter in the West - for one person! And it takes your body 6 to 18 months to transition!

This kind of massive burning of carbohydrates is frankly also not something I love to have, since the volumes of food those people eat are massive - and yes that food can be mountains of potatoes.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2017 10:47 AM by Simeon_Strangelight.)
07-02-2017 10:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Morbidly obese. Desperate for advice on where to start. - Simeon_Strangelight - 07-02-2017 10:35 AM