Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
Rocha Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
(06-15-2017 08:14 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  
(06-15-2017 07:12 PM)Mr. Accuride Wrote:  
(06-15-2017 06:49 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  Bruh, there is a problem with your post. Is Connor a world class MMA fighter?

Let's list some of the world class MMA fighters: (in no order)

1. Anderson Silva
2. George Saint Pierre
3. Cain Velasquez
4. Dan Severn
5. Randy Couture
6. Minotaro Noguiera
7. Fedor Emelianenko
8. BJ Penn
9. Dominick Cruz (why not!)
10. Wanderlei Silva the Axe Murderer

I could go on for at least 4-5 more guys.

Can you put Connor up against ANY of these guys? Pound for pound?

HELL FUCK NO!

Connor is on par with dudes like Chuck Liddell or Tito Ortiz maybe.

Good maybe very good, but not great.

He is hardly a shoe in for UFC hall of fame. He's kinda like the Kazushi Sakuraba of the USA. Really good but full of flaws and far from perfect.

If Floyd lost to a dude of this caliber, that says alot more about him than anything else. Floyd is a legend. Connor isn't even close to that status in his own sport.

You misunderstood my post by comparing him to literal legends in MMA. I'm not saying he's HOF, but just by virtue of winning the UFC title would imply that he's world class level, no?

As fans it's really hard for us to grasp what world class level is at times, like where you might say Chuck Liddell is just "good or very good, not great", the reality is he is a world class level fighter who would've only had trouble with perhaps < 30 guys out there in the world during his prime. Certainly he would've crushed any of us amateurs.

Which is why I said, if he had chosen almost literally anyone else, like say the equivalent of Buster Douglas or another world class level boxer, then it might be interesting. But as you say, and I agree, Floyd is possibly the best boxer in history so it's like Lonzo Ball challenging Kobe to a 1 on 1 pickup game.

I honestly do not think he is world class. MMA is so watered down these days, the guys that are the best now, probably could not stack against the best of 5 or even 10 years ago. Guys that mastered one style learned others compared to the cookie cutter factory of generic ass dudes that essentially have the exact same fighting style as the next guy. Nobody except the Diaz brothers have legit BJJ black belt pedigrees. They all punch and kick the same. Grapple the same. It's pathetic.

If you ask me if he is a world class athlete, ok maybe sure. The threshold for that is so low though. College athletes in track and field fit this.

Lonzo Ball vs Kobe? That's being awfully nice. Replace Kobe with LeBron James and that would be more accurate.

This is just hating on Connor as a MMA fighter.
Dan Severn, BJ Penn, Wanderlei, Randy?? ffs... You could find better world classers, even recent HW champ Miocic has better record than half of them. Or you might as well say Connor does not stand a chance against Travis Fulton....

Also when guys like Demian Maia, Fabricio Werdum, Ronaldo Jacaré, Rafael dos Anjos, Charles Oliveira, or even Ryan Hall and Gunnar Nelson are still around and winning fights, saying that only the Diaz Brothers are legit black belts is quite laughable.

Lets leave the hate aside. Connor is a world class MMA fighter, yes. He already has made his mark in the sport, even if just for the fact that he beat Aldo in less than 10 seconds, who was undefeated for 10 years.

Apart from that, Floyd will kick his ass badly, no chance for him in a boxing contest, except from the highly unlikely puncher chance.

"Поехали!!" (Yuri Gagarin, 1961)

Twitter - Роча
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2017 09:32 PM by Rocha.)
06-15-2017 09:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Rocha's post:
Solus, Roadrunner

Messages In This Thread
RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017 - Rocha - 06-15-2017 09:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Money Mayweather Outside The Ring JayMillz 14 5,599 02-14-2019 11:04 AM
Last Post: Graft
  Floyd Mayweather: Boxer to fight kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in Japan wellrockthecity 45 5,689 01-04-2019 01:24 AM
Last Post: Trumpian
Brick Roosh Hour #19 - August 26, 2018 at 1PM Roosh 10 2,127 08-28-2018 10:46 PM
Last Post: fokker