Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
Fortis Away
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
(06-15-2017 01:41 PM)steak Wrote:  I think the notion that mcGregor could NEVER EVER stand a chance at beating mayweather in this is unfounded, considering we do not see either of them day to day in their training much less have an idea of how they will face off. We have no idea what mcgregor will be able to do in terms of controlling the ring with his longer wingspan or what style he will use, as it is clear that mcgregor has 4-5 stances he has shown across multiple fights, and does not use all of them every fight.

Mcgregor, southpaw but can use both, floyd has bitch wrists and has struggled with southpaws. Mcgregor is at his peak, Floyd is probably not.

I have no idea what will happen, I just really hope people don't look at these comments and not actually see what happens.

Respectfully disagree.

I"ve been watching Mayweather for a little over a decade, so take my observations as you will.

Mcgregor is in his prime--in MMA. Whole different world. He doesn't have the coordination or the skills to take on the pound-for-pound best fighter in another sport.

I think Mcgregor's a great boxer in the MMA where guys aren't specialized only in boxing, but I don't think he'll be able to pressure Mayweather in the way that he can pressure MMA guys.

Not mention, Mayweather's hands are probably 5x faster than Mcgregor's and Mayweather has almost never taken a serious punch to the head because of his phenomenal footwork and head movement.

If a boxer like Pacquiao got clowned by Mayweather despite his bitch wrists, I think a young Mcgregor (who has lackluster boxing outside of MMA) is going to get clowned even harder.

Furthermore, we have seen him spar with his boxing coach, this no name champion boxer and McGregor can hardly land a hand on this guy. Let's also not forget that boxing gloves are probably going to be heavier than MMA gloves, so Mcgregor's speed will be cut even more.

Look at how slow Mcgregor is:

lul

I think he's a lastluster fighter who is not ready for boxing. I like him in MMA becuase he's funny and exciting, but you guys are really high on his smoke if you think he's going to cross sports and beat one of the best boxers to have ever lived.

Jordan

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2017 11:43 PM by Fortis.)
06-15-2017 11:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 14 users Like Fortis's post:
H1N1, Leonard D Neubache, Handsome Creepy Eel, Stanfield, TravelerKai, Mentavious, debeguiled, Oz., Matrixdude, SwordfishTrombonist, The Breeze, CaptainChardonnay, Comte De St. Germain, Prince Machiavelli

Messages In This Thread
RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017 - Fortis - 06-15-2017 11:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Money Mayweather Outside The Ring JayMillz 14 5,596 02-14-2019 11:04 AM
Last Post: Graft
  Floyd Mayweather: Boxer to fight kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in Japan wellrockthecity 45 5,687 01-04-2019 01:24 AM
Last Post: Trumpian
Brick Roosh Hour #19 - August 26, 2018 at 1PM Roosh 10 2,123 08-28-2018 10:46 PM
Last Post: fokker