Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
Moto Offline
Woodpecker

RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
Ya I think it's a real long shot for McGregor. I'm not going to pay to see it, but I will be checking for the results as soon as possible and Youtube highlights.

The drama is mostly manufactured, WWF style, to make drama and hype. But I do think they both really want to win, and win by KO. If it's anything like Mayweather vs Pacquiao, it will be a huge disappointment and hit for boxing. Floyd better not just play defense the whole fight and point out. There will be booing, possibly riots, if people get ripped off again and get a very boring fight.

I'm not sure which weight of gloves would help McGregor the most. If they had lighter or MMA gloves, the many quick but not super powerful hits that McGregor will surely take would be more damaging. Maybe 10oz is a sweet spot where McGregor can do the Homer Simpson strategy and survive long enough to get a lucky knockout hit in, and still be able to get the kinetic energy to Floyd.

For sure Connor is a way better actor and shit talker, and is more charismatic. That press conference was worth watching.
07-12-2017 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017 - Moto - 07-12-2017 03:48 PM