Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
Laserspewpew Offline
Sparrow

RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
(07-17-2017 06:44 AM)Jvramerys Wrote:  
(07-17-2017 06:01 AM)Laserspewpew Wrote:  People are actually understating the size issue. McGregor is the biggest guy Mayweather has ever fought. For example Canelo, who many people are comparing in size to McGregor, is four inches short of McGregors reach. McGregor has an eight inch reach advantage over Pacquiao and a ten inch advantage over Hatton. Mayweather will, for one of the first times in his life, go into a fight without a reach advantage, the only time I can remember this before was vs de la Hoya who still has a shorter reach than McGregor. Conor is a big 155er and I don't think he ever had any business fighting at 145, his photos for those weigh ins were a joke. I've only seen him fight at 155 twice (which itself is a disgrace) once for the Cagewarriors title and once for the UFC title, both times he looked absolutely electrifying and unstoppable, getting this fight at 154 was a huge win for Conor. Because we are so familiar with seeing Conor dehydrated half to death at 145 we underrate his athleticism, he is a faster, sharper and stronger fighter at 155. McGregor will go into the fight with a size and athleticism advantage. Given Conor's physicality and experience in combat sport, I don't see him being hopped around the ring like Hatton. Mayweather will play the percentages and win a comfortable decision, if he goes in looking to embarrass McGregor he could take some damage and possibly be KO'd. This is all assuming that Conor was going close to full tilt in boxing training between the Eddie Alvarez fight and this announcement and was doing some boxing training with an eye to this fight since Diaz 2.

You're forgetting Diego Corrales 5 ft 10 1⁄2 in (179 cm) taller than Macgregor. Corrales was a world champion, and had more skills with his hands than MacGregor will ever have in his life, and Corrales was destroyed by Mayweather.

[Image: 27C6059100000578-3047095-Mayweather_stri...141608.jpg]

Ya Conor is not Floyd's tallest opponent, as you said Corrales and also De La Hoya are taller than Conor. McGregor is Mayweather's longest opponent though (with a longer reach than both Corrales and De La Hoya) and what I was arguing was that he is Floyd's all around biggest opponent when you factor in reach, height, the size of his body and his walking around weight.
07-17-2017 08:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laserspewpew's post:
MY DETROIT PLAYAS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017 - Laserspewpew - 07-17-2017 08:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Money Mayweather Outside The Ring JayMillz 14 5,590 02-14-2019 11:04 AM
Last Post: Graft
  Floyd Mayweather: Boxer to fight kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in Japan wellrockthecity 45 5,680 01-04-2019 01:24 AM
Last Post: Trumpian
Brick Roosh Hour #19 - August 26, 2018 at 1PM Roosh 10 2,118 08-28-2018 10:46 PM
Last Post: fokker