Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
Fortis Away
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
(07-17-2017 07:12 AM)Rush87 Wrote:  Conor should lose 99.9% of the time, but he's not as much of a boxing novice as the mainstream sports media are playing up. He started boxing at age 12. Six years before he began training MMA. In contrast, Jeff Horn and Anthony Joshua started boxing in their late teens.

Despite the fact that Conor wouldn't have been putting in the same boxing hours as a Mixed Martial Artist, he would still be doing at least an hour daily. Without factoring in any cross over skills from his other stand-up disciplines, Conor would have a similar amount of pure boxing hours as a Jeff Horn or Anthony Joshua.

As I said, he should lose, but the 0-0 boxing record is less relevant than the MSM play up.

I think you guys are too lentient with his boxing acumen. As good as Anthony Joshua?

Huh

Watch Anthony Joshua taking on Klisctzcho or sparring and then watch Mcgregor sparring and tell me that you think Mcgregor is in the same league. NO way. To get to the level of Joshua you need to be training against guys near the level of klitscho for years. I don't think Mcgregor's been training at that level of boxing. I just don't see it.

Mcgregor is flat-footed and twitchy in a way that only a non-boxer is in the ring. Guys like Joshua, Pacquio and Mayweather are so much more fluid since their only job is to move and punch.

You guys are giving McGregor way too much credit. I get it, He's cool, but he's not a world-class boxer on the level of Joshua, Canelo or Mayweather.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.
07-17-2017 08:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Fortis's post:
Leonard D Neubache, rudebwoy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017 - Fortis - 07-17-2017 08:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Money Mayweather Outside The Ring JayMillz 14 5,586 02-14-2019 11:04 AM
Last Post: Graft
  Floyd Mayweather: Boxer to fight kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in Japan wellrockthecity 45 5,670 01-04-2019 01:24 AM
Last Post: Trumpian
Brick Roosh Hour #19 - August 26, 2018 at 1PM Roosh 10 2,116 08-28-2018 10:46 PM
Last Post: fokker