Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
Fortis Away
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
(08-02-2017 04:51 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  Talk of them fighting in 8oz gloves, at McGregor's request. This will work in the favour of whichever fighter is faster, more accurate, and whose defense is less reliant on taking punches on the gloves. That fighter is Mayweather. I'd guess that McGregor is basically operating on the basis that he's going to get stopped anyway, but the smaller gloves increase his odds of a lucky punch doing the business.

The McGregor boxing strategy:

Get lucky.

lol

--------------------------

I'm chuckling at dudes who think McGregor is going to bring a "new style" to boxing.

That sort of comment belies an ignorance of the sport. People keep saying boxing is dead and stilted, but they're totally to blind the quiet renaissance that is going in boxing at the lower weight classes.

If you really pay attention we have a lot of amazing fighters right now who don't get amazing press because they're not over 200 pounds and knock out artists.

GGG, Canelo, Lomanchenko and a few others are legitimately exciting and technical fighters. They're all insane and they're all very unique fighters who have styles we have not seen in a long time--but everyone thinks Mcgregor is going to be the one to bring a new style to boxing. Give me a break.

The real fight is going to be GGG vs Canelo.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2017 09:02 AM by Fortis.)
08-02-2017 09:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 8 users Like Fortis's post:
debeguiled, Captainstabbin, Handsome Creepy Eel, PrimeTime32, JohnnyQuest, Tactician, TravelerKai, estraudi

Messages In This Thread
RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017 - Fortis - 08-02-2017 09:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Money Mayweather Outside The Ring JayMillz 14 5,592 02-14-2019 11:04 AM
Last Post: Graft
  Floyd Mayweather: Boxer to fight kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in Japan wellrockthecity 45 5,681 01-04-2019 01:24 AM
Last Post: Trumpian
Brick Roosh Hour #19 - August 26, 2018 at 1PM Roosh 10 2,121 08-28-2018 10:46 PM
Last Post: fokker