Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
Rush87 Offline
Ostrich

RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
Quote:"A good bet has less assumptions about variables"? Gimme a break man: in one corner you have someone who's never boxed professionally and has lost three times in a sport where he's seen as the dominant fighter in his weight class... versus arguably the greatest technical boxer who's ever lived and is undefeated 49-0. And they're competing in the latter's sport.

His losses in MMA have almost zero to do with his boxing fight. His most recent loss was to Nate Diaz. Nate is one of Andre Ward's main sparring partners and someone who has had many reputable boxing experts say he would be top ten at LHW [In boxing].

Quote:If someone is being arrogant and/or making assumptions, it's the guy who is convinced that Mcgregor has a "good chance" of knocking Mayweather out... which is the only scenario I can see Mcgregor winning.

There are very few people outside casuals saying Conor has a good chance of knocking out Floyd. In fact, all I hear is the opposite. "This is a joke". "Conor won't even land a punch". In fact, in this very thread, when I have stated Conor has less than a 1% chance, it still riles up boxing fans. Isn't that ridiculous? And this is the consensus. It's ignorance at it's finest.

Quote:Finally, if you think $1000 is a large sum of money, you're right, you should probably leave the betting for the big boys.

I'm sorry but this quote here is just pure faggotry. We're talking about forum members betting on a fight. There's nothing worse than 'big dicking' on the internet.

Of course if you're a baller with money to spend then there is easily enough reasoning to bet but if you're the average dude earning 50k, $1000 is a lot of money to outlay comparative to your wage.

My biggest issue with this entire fight is that if there is a solitary opinion outside 'Conor won't land a single punch' everyone gets their panties in a twist. It's ridiculous.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017 01:20 AM by Rush87.)
08-22-2017 01:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Rush87's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, TooFineAPoint, Fortis, Matsufubu

Messages In This Thread
RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017 - Rush87 - 08-22-2017 01:18 AM