Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
Mr. Accuride Offline
Woodpecker

RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
(08-22-2017 12:06 AM)ProGambler Wrote:  No there aren't. This is the best bet I've seen in 7 years as a pro.

Honestly, I have to agree with this. The line has reached absurdity.

To put it in perspective, Mayweather-Pacquiao closed at -330 or thereabouts in favor of Mayweather, which is only ~3% less than the current line against McGregor. No matter what you may think of McGregor, he is not anywhere near Pacquiao's universe.

Even if you want to graciously think of McGregor as a top level amateur boxer, the difference between top level amateur and world class level is extremely wide. Anyone who use to compete in something at a top amateur level and have also competed against world class level before can attest that their chances of beating someone in the world class level is 5% or less. So it's not that McGregor's chances are zero, it's more of assuming that even if he has reached top level amateur or even low level pro in boxing skill, he is still not winning 1 out of 5 against world class talent.

If the line stays below -500 going into the weekend, I'm going to sink six figures into Mayweather. I'm hoping that all the Irish tourists will drive down the price even more during the next few days. Unless McGregor wins by decision or the end result is a split decision, even if McGregor somehow wins, losing six figs on this wouldn't bother me at all.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017 01:35 AM by Mr. Accuride.)
08-22-2017 01:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 6 users Like Mr. Accuride's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Fortis, VincentVinturi, CaptainChardonnay, Beyond Borders, Tactician

Messages In This Thread
RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017 - Mr. Accuride - 08-22-2017 01:32 AM