Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Post Reply 
Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
Author Message
booshala Offline
Pelican
****
Gold Member

Posts: 1,169
Joined: Aug 2012
Reputation: 44
Post: #356
RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
(08-22-2017 01:18 AM)Rush87 Wrote:  
Quote:"A good bet has less assumptions about variables"? Gimme a break man: in one corner you have someone who's never boxed professionally and has lost three times in a sport where he's seen as the dominant fighter in his weight class... versus arguably the greatest technical boxer who's ever lived and is undefeated 49-0. And they're competing in the latter's sport.

His losses in MMA have almost zero to do with his boxing fight. His most recent loss was to Nate Diaz. Nate is one of Andre Ward's main sparring partners and someone who has had many reputable boxing experts say he would be top ten at LHW [In boxing].

Quote:If someone is being arrogant and/or making assumptions, it's the guy who is convinced that Mcgregor has a "good chance" of knocking Mayweather out... which is the only scenario I can see Mcgregor winning.

There are very few people outside casuals saying Conor has a good chance of knocking out Floyd. In fact, all I hear is the opposite. "This is a joke". "Conor won't even land a punch". In fact, in this very thread, when I have stated Conor has less than a 1% chance, it still riles up boxing fans. Isn't that ridiculous? And this is the consensus. It's ignorance at it's finest.

Quote:Finally, if you think $1000 is a large sum of money, you're right, you should probably leave the betting for the big boys.

I'm sorry but this quote here is just pure faggotry. We're talking about forum members betting on a fight. There's nothing worse than 'big dicking' on the internet.

Of course if you're a baller with money to spend then there is easily enough reasoning to bet but if you're the average dude earning 50k, $1000 is a lot of money to outlay comparative to your wage.

My biggest issue with this entire fight is that if there is a solitary opinion outside 'Conor won't land a single punch' everyone gets their panties in a twist. It's ridiculous.

Your reasoning is all over the place and I can't really figure out what point you're trying to make. You admitted that Connor has a 1% chance of winning, so Floyd has a 99% chance. 99% is higher than 70%, correct? Cuz that's the chance of victory that some online books are implying at a -335 line. What's your reasoning that it's not a good bet when you're getting WAY better than true odds? Any examples of a superior bet out there right now?

Also simultaneously saying that $1000 is a lot of money but a $270 return isn't is a strange contradiction in my book. It's my belief that the guy making $50k a year is going to enjoy a "free" $270 meal a lot more than the guy making $500k annually.

Two of my friends who make less than I do are straight up maxing out their home equity lines to bet on this fight. I don't consider myself a huge bettor, but I'm going to throw as much discretionary cash at this as possible without risking my livelihood. Re: big dick faggotry - I admit I was being dismissive, but you sound like a scrub, or someone who's not familiar with sports betting except for 1:1 bets with a buddy.

I recall you mentioned you've trained MMA before, which probably colors your POV, especially with "Connor won't even land a punch" comments. That's understandable that you get angry, you're repping your shit. But if you're letting that get in the way of making a smart money play, that's ultimately detrimental to you. I guess we'll see who's right this Saturday.
08-22-2017 01:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes booshala's post:
Peregrine
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017 - booshala - 08-22-2017 01:40 PM

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | RooshV.com | Return to Top | Return to Content | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication