Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
Kieran Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
You have to run, there's no substitute, and the bulk of it needs to be long duration steady state (always makes me laugh the idiots out there that read a bit of sport science and decide that interval training is the best thing because it mimics the demands of a fight, meanwhile the Thais stick to what they know works from trial and error (10 km plus 6 days a week) and have great fighting endurance). Adaptation is specific to the activity, which is why boxers run because they fight on their feet, and swimmers swim in the pool. Training the other energy systems also needs to be specific, which is why interval training with running doesn't really ever have the desired effect, whereas punch out drills and stuff actually work.

In addition to what Kai has mentioned, although the aerobic system is the most trainable of all of the energy systems, there is still a genetic component to it - I've got an RHR in the high 30s - low 40s even though I haven't ran for years - the hospital I was at couldn't even do an ecg on me because it was so low recently and the nurse had to talk to me and stuff to get it to come up a bit because of how the equipment was set up. Guys like Jermaine Taylor just didn't have the stamina no matter what training they did.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2017 05:47 AM by Kieran.)
08-29-2017 05:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Kieran's post:
rudebwoy, TravelerKai, SpiderKing

Messages In This Thread
RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017 - Kieran - 08-29-2017 05:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Money Mayweather Outside The Ring JayMillz 14 5,587 02-14-2019 11:04 AM
Last Post: Graft
  Floyd Mayweather: Boxer to fight kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in Japan wellrockthecity 45 5,670 01-04-2019 01:24 AM
Last Post: Trumpian
Brick Roosh Hour #19 - August 26, 2018 at 1PM Roosh 10 2,116 08-28-2018 10:46 PM
Last Post: fokker