Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
TravelerKai Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017
(08-29-2017 12:25 PM)Teedub Wrote:  To Kieran and TravelerKai...is their any substitute for running if you have knee issues? Obviously I don't want to become a professional boxer, but I'm just wondering.

I know for example in his later career Froch did a hell of a lot more cycling, and Klitschko did shit tons of swimming as it lessened the impact on knees.

I opted for cycling. I fell in love with mountain biking on dirt trails. Then after I had to march a few miles in knee deep mud after getting caught in a flooded out trail, *ahem* I bought a road bike and did that for a while. I even rode with CleanSlate sometimes. He was even sweet enough to not blow past me (he's like a fuggin IronMan athlete). Tongue

I also did other things like buy Nike Air Max shoes and jog or run once a month.

Play basketball, "Old Man Style". Press defense, don't jump to block shots, shoot flat footed, layups, pass and run the offense, no rebound jumping, etc.

Lift weights with low weight and TONS of reps, during my cutting cycle/weeks.

Bag work.

I used to do a shitload of bag work right before heading back to China. After a while though, I did stopped doing Muay Thai kicks and knee strikes regularly and just work hands and elbows now. You can work up a serious lather doing that and you don't have to bang up anything except your hands, and even then the wrapping and glove size choice is up to you. I prefer 10-16oz when I do bag work and rotate them. I will put on my MMA gloves when I want to see how much faster my punching has gotten, but I won't train like that. I do have 8oz MMA bag gloves, but I prefer boxing gloves alot more. (The reason why is because I don't have to focus on my fingers and fist/wrists as much.)

Get yourself something like this: (90-100 bucks for the stand and 70 bucks for the bag) Get your little brother or a roomate to chip in and they can work in some sets with you and hold the bag if you hit hard like I do. The stand comes with 2 rods so if you hit hard, put 1 or 2 45kg plates down to keep it still. Get a timer and do make sure you always finish your rounds and not gas before the alarm sounds.

[Image: 51parjmawdL._SY355_.jpg]

[Image: ufcheavybag2.jpg]

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2017 12:47 PM by TravelerKai.)
08-29-2017 12:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like TravelerKai's post:
Teedub, nomadbrah, Atlanta Man, C-Note, TTQQTT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is August 26th 2017 - TravelerKai - 08-29-2017 12:46 PM