Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Trending on Twitter: "The First White President" by Ta-Nehisi Coates in The Atlantic
GlobalMan Away
Hummingbird
Gold Member

RE: Trending on Twitter: "The First White President" by Ta-Nehisi Coates in ...
It is really amazing how short sighted these people are. They cannot help but shoot themselves in the foot over and over again because they have an urge inside them to Get The Truth Out™. The election wasn’t enough of a hint. In fact here is a man dissecting the very data that should tell him white people are tired of these outrageously hateful fantasies, but instead he only thinks “white people don’t get it yet, let me try again”.

I know several people who are long time liberals who have either completely or largely changed their views in the past year based *solely* on these attacks on whites. People who have always been more than sympathetic to a reasoned and realistic take on the plight of the black man in America. No more.

One is a girl who has always been a hippie type as long as I've known her- Always saying "peace", smokes pot, has always hated republicans, the military, is pro-abortion etc. I've talked to her multiple times over the past year and witnessed the changes in real time, up to and including the final straws.

"I grew up poor as hell and had nothing, in the middle of nowhere. There were literal holes in the roof of our house that would leak when it rained. My dad still works at Walmart in his 60's for $16/hr. Fuck these pieces of shit and their anti white bullshit, I've had it."

She worked since she was 16, she never was able to go college, worked her way up to making $70K/year at 28 by teaching herself design and programming while eating rationed mac and cheese and $1 Michelina's Frozen Meals for a decade. And still drives a 13 year old Ford so she can put some money away.

So did this girl make it in life because she was a Privileged White? Of course she did, according to Talib Whateverthefuck.

There are white people like her all over this great country, people who in the past would have put themselves right alongside those screaming about "injustice", but now they have been told they are bad because they are white. They have been told they have been "privileged" when they have or had nothing, all the while continuing to work hard anyway- usually when there was little real reason for them to have any hope at all, but the American Spirit would not have it any other way.

When you insult those good and sympathetic people in such a grievous and outlandish way, you lose them forever.

So, like the hippy chick said: No, fuck you, buddy.

Americans are dreamers too
09-09-2017 04:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 24 users Like GlobalMan's post:
Leonard D Neubache, RaccoonFace, Canopus, debeguiled, Samseau, Going strong, godfather dust, Enigma, Emancipator, Libertas, Ouroboros, DJ-Matt, dain_bramage, amity, Nevsky, nomadbrah, spokepoker, Super_Fire, C-Note, IveBeenFramed, HermeticAlly, Bobco, Jestx, Xntrik

Messages In This Thread
"The First White President" - debeguiled - 09-08-2017, 12:56 PM
RE: Trending on Twitter: "The First White President" by Ta-Nehisi Coates in ... - GlobalMan - 09-09-2017 04:04 AM
RE: Trending on Twitter - Kid Twist - 09-09-2017, 07:15 PM