Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

$50k annual income from how much (and allocation) in investments?
lavidaloca Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

RE: $50k annual income from how much (and allocation) in investments?
Depends how long of term you are talking about. Theres also the very reasonable possibility of significantly decreasing your spending during recessionary periods. If you do this it shouldn't be hard to do with 1 million in my opinion. But yea if you want to spend 50k then 3% more every year without fail I think the numbers Brodiaga and Australia Sucks are reasonable.

Reality is by the time someone acquires 1 million+ in investments they are probably going to be 35+ and more likely 50+. Of course there are situations where people get there faster. Theres tons of additional factors that will then likely have an affect be it inheritances or windfalls, life expectancy, how much will you spend at 80 verse 50...reality is you probably wont spend very much at 80. On the flip side you can get your 50k a year investment smoked pretty hard if you have kids a spousal dispute, medical complications etc.

I think 3% is very conservative if you are flexible. If you are not flexible and you need 50k every year without fail and can not work or do anything to mitigate falls in the market then sure.
02-02-2018 08:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: $50k annual income from how much (and allocation) in investments? - lavidaloca - 02-02-2018 08:20 PM