Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread.
Laner Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

RE: The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread.
I have a concrete bunker in the basement of my high rise building. I have lots of water, canned food, first aid, radio, stove and things to keep us warm. I have a couple guns and a bunch of ammo as well as things like hatchets. I can access the Metro tunnels through a hatchway which would be ideal for foraging the city if it came to that. I should keep booze and smokes in there for trading too.

My biggest concern is being away from home should something hit. My first priority would then be to get home and make sure the family is OK. After that, assess the situation and see if we even need to hit the bunker.

If things get bad I have a bug out location to a friends place where he will be bunkered with his family, 4km from me. He is ex special forces and has an arsenal. From there we assess and see if we need to make it further, which will be my farm 22km from my home and original concrete bunker. From the farm we are in a near fortress (even looks like one) and would likely be OK there for a while. We have a view of the land for many Km's and its on a series of dykes with water filled ditches.

I sure hope nothing happens, but I feel like we are prepared without feeling paranoid. This plan involves three steps, but millions of things could go wrong at any time, and this is what I would be afraid of.
01-10-2019 02:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 12 users Like Laner's post:
CaptainChardonnay, debeguiled, ChicagoFire, DJ-Matt, scotian, Emancipator, billbudsocket, Fortis, Nevsky, fiasco360, Going strong, Built to Fade

Messages In This Thread
RE: The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread. - Laner - 01-10-2019 02:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Worst crime ever? Georgepl 36 3,577 08-26-2019 06:58 AM
Last Post: Lovinglife
  Survival TV Show: Alone Suits 198 88,779 08-15-2019 09:12 AM
Last Post: ChefAllDay
  The Worst PUA In All History (is from RSD) Dolo 20 16,627 03-25-2019 07:53 PM
Last Post: Alpone