Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread.
Polniy_Sostav Offline
Kingfisher

RE: The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread.
The best is to retreat in some "bunker" below your home in a little village of 30 people or so ( 5-6 families at most , having all of them worked together).
It is a bit like in Stargate SG1 where there is a population having a fake life on surface but living underground.

While it is almost impossible to build a solid bunker without help of professionals and spending big money , it has to start with underground. The most valuable is to have a source of water , big stocks of water. I would also have big stocks of toilet paper , cleaning stuff & batteries.

A few books can help too.

As I do not owe any flat/house , I have bought a couple of mechanical mag-lites (no batterie) , basic walkie-talkie. Interestingly , my kids know where the mag lites are (one per room) and as we regularly have powercuts , they have shifted from "I am crying and scared) to "Let me get the light and use it myself". We then meet in the parents room.Particularly proud of the 3 years old who didn't panic.

I think getting ready for nuclear doomsday is just like buying gold and silver. You can do it seriously and at high scale only when you re already rich.
Nevertheless we must all have some sort of plan if things happen fast.
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2019 01:18 AM by Polniy_Sostav.)
01-13-2019 01:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread. - Polniy_Sostav - 01-13-2019 01:17 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Worst crime ever? Georgepl 36 3,571 08-26-2019 06:58 AM
Last Post: Lovinglife
  Survival TV Show: Alone Suits 198 88,716 08-15-2019 09:12 AM
Last Post: ChefAllDay
  The Worst PUA In All History (is from RSD) Dolo 20 16,616 03-25-2019 07:53 PM
Last Post: Alpone