Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread.
Tex Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

RE: The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread.
The only non-LARP option for surviving a catastrophic event is the ability to 1) travel to 2) a safe place.

Part 1 means: money, a passport, maybe the ability to speak multiple languages, few possessions (or the psychological attachment to few possession), and well-crafted possessions that give you utility and won't fall apart after two weeks of use.

Part 2 means: strategic location (which changes based on what catastrophic event you are talking about), and a place built to withstand the event and the people problem that comes after it.

Oh, and I forgot Part 3, which is mental toughness. Serious mental toughness.

Pretend an asteroid hit the Earth and strained resources to the point that we don't have the infrastructure for government anymore. No more police, no nothing. You have twenty minutes' notice right before the asteroid hits. You quickly get to your safe bunker under your ranch house in northern Idaho that I know everyone here owns.

Now there you are, alone. Or maybe cooped up with your parents and your sibling in this bunker. Or maybe with your girlfriend and your dad. Or some other random combination of someone close.

You are now like this for the foreseeable future. You think you're mentally strong enough to survive that?

Probably not. Maybe you even get through it physically, but mentally, who you are today will be dead after a year of that.

At some point you have to take a step back and think to yourself: If this doomsday scenario means me surviving pretty much by myself for basically an indefinite amount of time, with no pussy to get, no friends to talk to, no society to contribute to, no legacy to pass on, no people to be a part of, no culture to embody, nothing to do besides read the same few books and try to survive while you slowly get weaker, dumber, and worse at almost every other skill you've developed across your lifetime, aren't you dead anyway?

PapayaTapper Wrote:you seem to have a penchant for sticking your dick in high drama retarded trash.
01-22-2019 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Tex's post:
Leonard D Neubache, ChicagoFire

Messages In This Thread
RE: The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread. - Tex - 01-22-2019 02:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Worst crime ever? Georgepl 36 3,578 08-26-2019 06:58 AM
Last Post: Lovinglife
  Survival TV Show: Alone Suits 198 88,802 08-15-2019 09:12 AM
Last Post: ChefAllDay
  The Worst PUA In All History (is from RSD) Dolo 20 16,629 03-25-2019 07:53 PM
Last Post: Alpone