Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Youtube pedo algorithm discovered?
Handsome Creepy Eel Offline
Owl
Gold Member

RE: Youtube pedo algorithm discovered?
Quote:I am sure you can provide some evidence that these "state-of-the-art-algorithms" can do what you think they can, right? Wrong, they don't exist. The ones that do exist don't work particularly well.

Not being in YouTue's tech division, I can't copy-paste the code of these algorithms. However, I know that for example Facebook imbues every single photo and video with automatic background tags (that you can see if you pause the pageload or inspect the code) that roughly resemble this:

"Image may contain: 2 people 1 male 20-30 1 female 20-30 sitting nature smiling formal".
(context: this was a photo of me and my wife on our wedding day - quite accurate, isn't it?)

Stuff like this is just the tip of the iceberg that I as a non tech-wiz ordinary used can see - with who knows how many more tags and algorithms deconstructing every single frame in detail - and you're claiming that YouTube can't examine its content in a similar fashion?

Quote:It would cost an untenable amount of money to have moderators reviewing and manually approving everything.

According to this agency, a customer support/call center in a developing country containing almost 1000 agents can be had for as little as $10 million per year (compare: Youtube has a revenue of about $10 billion per year. Surely those 1000 agents could take a look at a hundred thousand videos per day, especially videos that have already been examined and tagged by algorithms.

I agree that it's probably not a deliberate plot, but to claim that it's impossible or couldn't be done with even the tiniest bit of effort is simply absurd.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
02-18-2019 03:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like Handsome Creepy Eel's post:
RatInTheWoods, SlickyBoy, infowarrior1, DJ-Matt, spokepoker

Messages In This Thread
Youtube pedo algorithm discovered? - Latan - 02-18-2019, 10:28 AM
RE: Youtube pedo algorithm discovered? - Handsome Creepy Eel - 02-18-2019 03:17 PM