Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Business Stay or not in a stable Job?
Pangloss Offline
Pigeon

RE: Stay or not in a stable Job?
I can only give you general advice without knowing more (and not knowing much about Brazil), but I have worked in the public and private sectors and here's what I'd consider:

- What are your priorities? Does the public sector job give you more time to pursue your passions/hobbies or start a business?
- Comfort zones generally lead to stagnation and lack of fulfillment (at least when young)
- Family and friends and important; leaving them for an extended period has its drawbacks, but you will likely make new friends quickly in a new city. Your happiness and social life might improve or you might miss family and friends. This is probably the only thing that could stop me from going on the adventure if I were you. What's the other city like?

At 22, if you are at all ambitious and confident then you will not be happy playing it safe while you are young and don't test your potential. But, it does depend on job market over there and how many opportunities are around for your skills. I agree with the other posts that you will appreciate and value the stability more when 35-40+, and the excitement and life experience more when young.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2019 06:05 AM by Pangloss.)
02-21-2019 05:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stay or not in a stable Job? - Hafid_A - 02-20-2019, 09:28 AM
RE: Stay or not in a stable Job? - josn123 - 02-20-2019, 10:32 PM
RE: Stay or not in a stable Job? - Pangloss - 02-21-2019 05:57 AM
RE: Stay or not in a stable Job? - Akwesi - 02-21-2019, 12:38 PM