Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Shitlord hippie-boomer admins at University BAN Millenials from Netflix
Atomic Offline
Robin

RE: Shitlord hippie-boomer admins at University BAN Millenials from Netflix
(03-19-2019 10:32 PM)monster Wrote:  
Quote:College is a scam. $2k for a some knowledge you can learn for free off youtube with a little discpline. I let my students know this.

(03-19-2019 10:13 PM)for.petes.sake Wrote:  University is one big ponzi scheme that people are forced to do because of a degree has now become the minimum requirement and stupid societal norms.

It's not just college. This problem of credentialism is much, much larger than college.
It's that bad.

Agreed, but the blame isn't on the colleges. The blame is on the employers. I tell my students all the time I could care less if I gave blanket A's to the whole class. If they show up to an interview and don't know their shit, they're not getting hired. Or they pass the HR screeners and get hired, but they can't perform to the level their resume claims and they get fired.

It's my job to present information, not to make sure students actually learn and understand it. That's on them.

Never cross streams.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2019 10:48 PM by Atomic.)
03-19-2019 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atomic's post:
spokepoker

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shitlord hippie-boomer admins at University BAN Millenials from Netflix - Atomic - 03-19-2019 10:48 PM